Terms and conditions
1. Using The Urban Activist
The Urban Activist is a guide of urban actions for people to be inspired by and act for a better city. To make sure people feel safe and comfortable here, we require everyone to agree to and follow these rules.
By entering The Urban Activist website you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of use. When you subscribe to our Newsletter, you are indicating your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
By subscribing to our newsletter you agree to receive email from us. The aim of our newsletter service is to keep our visitors updated about our publications. The subscription to our newsletter service is not mandatory.
- 1. Frequency
The frequency of the newsletter issues will be at most 2 per month.
- 2. Limited Liability
We reserve the sole right to unsubscribe users / visitors from or newsletter service, without notice. We will do so with any subscriber we deem registered with fake data.
- 3. Double opt-in
We require all subscribers to confirm their email address upon registration. You will therefore receive a message with a link you’ll have to click in order to confirm the email address and your will to subscribe.
We will not communicate / spread / publish or otherwise give away your address. You’ll be able to change your subscription settings or to delete it altogether anytime.
- 5. Managing your subscription
If you wish to unsubscribe from The Urban Activist’s Newsletters, please click Unsubscribe link on any of the Newsletter subscription pages. Complete the unsubscribe form including confirming your e-mail address.
You agree that you are responsible for providing correct and accurate details in subscribing to The Urban Activist’s Newsletters and that any errors made in typing or providing your details could result in failed delivery of your Newsletter.
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. The owner will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information. These terms and conditions of use are subject to change at any time and without notice.
Newsletters and their content are provided only for information purposes, and are not comprehensive or advisory in nature. While The Urban Activist uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information included in the Newsletters is accurate and up-to-date, The Urban Activist does not guarantee the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information provided. The Urban Activist makes no representations about the content and suitability of the information provided in the Newsletters (including but not limited to information in any links to websites). To the maximum extent permitted by law, The Urban Activist does not warrant, guarantee or make any representations about the accuracy, reliability, currency or any other aspect of the information contained in the Newsletters.
Things you can’t do
You aren’t allowed to:
- Use The Urban Activist’s name, logo, trademark or branding in a way that confuses people about your affiliation with The Urban Activist
- Access, tamper with or use non-public areas of The Urban Activist, our systems or our technical providers’ systems
- Break or circumvent our security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks
- Use any undocumented or unsupported method to access, search, scrape, download or change The Urban Activist or anything on it
- Share large amounts of unwanted or repetitive stuff, post unsolicited commercial messages in comments, descriptions, etc., or try to artificially boost views, Ideas, comments or other metrics. You also can’t use cloaking, off-domain redirects, or any other technical measures to do any of these, or to intentionally obscure a Idea’s final destination
- Use meta tags, hidden text or metadata with our trademark, logo, URL or product name without our written consent
- Use The Urban Activist user information to forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use The Urban Activist to send altered source-identifying information
- Try to reverse engineer any of The Urban Activist’s software
- Try to interfere with any The Urban Activist user, host or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming or mail-bombing
- Collect or store personally identifiable information from The Urban Activist or its users without their permission
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, including The Urban Activist
- Do anything that violates applicable law or regulations
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list
- Use The Urban Activist’s products for commercial purposes
3. Copyright Policy
The Urban Activist has adopted and implemented The Urban Activist’s Copyright Policy in accordance with any applicable copyright laws in each country.
The content of The Urban Activist’s Newsletters and any and all ideas, designs, graphics, photographs, text, audio and audio-visual material, documents and any other material contained in the Newsletters are subject to copyright laws in European Union and are owned or controlled by The Urban Activist. In relation to the Newsletters (including parts of them), you agree that you may use the Newsletters for only your personal use and you may not use the Newsletters for any commercial use. You may not otherwise use, copy, reproduce, modify or transmit the content without our prior written consent. Unauthorised use is prohibited and protected by law.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your content and account, The Urban Activist cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. We ask that you keep your password secure. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account.
5. Third-Party Links, Sites, and Services
Our Content may contain links to third-party websites, advertisers, services, special offers, or other events or activities that are not owned or controlled by The Urban Activist. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for any such third-party sites, information, materials, products, or services. If you access any third party website, service, or content from The Urban Activist, you do so at your own risk and you agree that The Urban Activist will have no liability arising from your use of or access to any third-party website, service, or content.
The Urban Activist may terminate or suspend this license at any time, with or without cause or notice to you.
Sale of business
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event of a merger with a third party or upon a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party acquirer.
The Products and all included content are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied.THE URBAN ACTIVIST SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
The Urban Activist takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or transmits using our Products. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose.
8. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE URBAN ACTIVIST SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE PRODUCTS; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE PRODUCTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT.
Changes to this document
This page may be updated periodically, to reflect changes to our website’s offer, or the terms and conditions of its use. Revised Terms and Conditions will be posted on this website.
Privacy and cookies